Call for ParticipationBelow is a html version of the Call for Participation. You can also download a pdf version here.
In October of 2004, the ECRYPT Network of Excellence sponsored the SASC workshop to highlight the state of stream cipher design and analysis. In SASC 2006 we will meet again to consider how the state of stream ciphers might be changing, particularly now that more than thirty new stream ciphers have been proposed within eSTREAM.
SASC 2006 will provide a forum for the exchange of ideas about all aspects of stream ciphers. Particular attention will be focused on submissions to eSTREAM and we expect papers and discussions at SASC 2006 to be helpful in identifying the most promising stream ciphers for Phase II of eSTREAM.
Submissions to SASC 2006 are encouraged on any topic of relevance to stream ciphers. These might include, but are not limited to:
- Stream cipher analysis, particularly for candidates to eSTREAM,
- Stream cipher implementation, particularly for candidates to eSTREAM,
- Stream cipher deployment,
- Stream cipher building blocks, and
- Stream cipher proposals and tweaks to eSTREAM candidates (accompanied by appropriate security claims and analysis).
We also encourage submissions that question or comment upon:
- The need for, and desirability of, trusted stream ciphers, and
- The requirements of industry.
To avoid submissions to SASC 2006 from conflicting with submissions to forthcoming conferences with proceedings, SASC 2006 will have no formal proceedings though there will be a workshop record. Depending on the number of submissions, papers directly related to eSTREAM may take precedence.
- Program Chair: Anne Canteaut, INRIA
- Organising Chair: Joseph Lano, K.U. Leuven
More details on the program committee, submission procedures, and workshop logistics are available via this site.
- Submission Deadline: January 2, 2006
- Notification and Program Confirmation: January 12, 2006
- Workshop: February 2-3, 2006