D. J. Bernstein
qmailanalog is discussed on the
qmail mailing list.
New versions are announced on the
qmailannounce mailing list.
The latest published qmailanalog package is
What is it?
qmailanalog is a collection of tools to help you analyze
qmail's activity record.
It supplies statistics to answer a wide variety of questions:
- overall: how many messages? recipients? attempts? etc.
- ddist: how soon were 50% of the messages delivered? 90%? 95%? 99%?
- rxdelay: what's the best order of recipients for mailing lists?
- recipients, rhosts: who's getting mail? bytes? messages? attempts?
- successes, failures, deferrals: why? how often? how much delay?
- senders, suids: messages? bytes? load? recipients? attempts? delay?
qmailanalog also includes several tools to focus attention on particular
senders, recipients, or messages.