djbdns works only under UNIX. One UNIX flavor, SCO UnixWare, is not supported at this time.
Before installing djbdns, install daemontools 0.70 or above, and install ucspi-tcp.
As you go through the installation and configuration process, please keep notes of exactly what you did and exactly what the computer did. Put the notes on your web pages, and include the URL with any questions that you send to the dns mailing list.
1. If you would like a local copy of these web pages, download the djbdns documentation package and unpack it under under /doc:
gunzip < doc.tar.gz | (cd /; tar -xf -)Then run slashdoc-merge to create indices such as /doc/commands.html.
2. Download the djbdns package. The latest published djbdns package is djbdns-1.05.tar.gz.
3. Unpack the djbdns package:
gunzip djbdns-1.05.tar tar -xf djbdns-1.05.tar cd djbdns-1.05
4. Compile the djbdns programs:
echo gcc -O2 -include /usr/include/errno.h > conf-cc makeThe first line, modifying conf-cc, is necessary for some Linux systems, to work around a Linux bug. It can be skipped under BSD, Solaris, and other systems that comply with IEEE Std 1003.1-1990.
5. As root, install the djbdns programs under /usr/local:
make setup check
6. Report success:
( echo 'First M. Last'; cat `cat SYSDEPS` ) \ | mail email@example.comReplace First M. Last with your name.